I want to know how to become a coach.
How to Become a Coach
A lot of people wonder how to become a coach for a girls travel soccer team. It’s really not that complicate and it involves just 3 important steps:
1. Get Your Coaching License
In order to coach girls travel soccer in New Jersey, you need to have a license. You may obtain any of the following licenses:
- NJYS “F” License (sign up)
- NJYS “E” License (sign up)
- USSF “E” License
- USSF “Grass Roots” or higher (sign up)
- South Jersey Soccer Leagues Level 1 License or higher (sign up)
Important: Once you obtain a PDF copy of your license, you need to send a copy of it to the club registrar and you need to supply a copy of it to SJGSL by following the instructions on their website.
2. Complete the US Club Staff Registration
You must complete the detailed staff registration steps which are documented on the US Club Soccer Website.
- Complete your safe sport training and obtain master PDF certificate (after completing all 3 sections).
- Complete your sideine sports doc training and obtain PDF certificate.
- Complete the background screening request
- Forward for background screening results to club registrar and request that a coach’s pass be created.
3. Submit Expense Reimbursement
There are fees associated with the online training and background screening. Please pay these fees and then submit a reimbursement request to the club treasurer. You can find the reimbursement request form on our parent resources page.
Hopefully, this was a good explanation of how to become a coach for a girls travel soccer team.
Important: If you haven’t already done it, you also will need to register as a staff member on our website. Please visit the Staff Registration page.